Meet the Team
Genardra Pugh, LGPC
Counseling for adults in-person in Bethesda, MD and online across Maryland.
Hi, I’m Genardra Pugh. I’m a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor who works with adults who have ongoing challenges with depression and anxiety. My goal is to help you stop feeling overwhelmed and depressed and start empowering you to make big changes.
Bachelors of Arts (Psychology)-Spelman College
Mental Health First Aid Certification.
My Journey To Becoming a Counselor
My own growth through personal life struggles is what helps me relate so deeply with clients
Growing up, my parents worked in the field of human services as counselors. My combined experiences of learning from my parents, being voted to become a peer mediator, and taking my first psychology classes helped solidify my choice in becoming a therapist. I love learning about people, listening to others, and empowering people to be their best selves.My life experiences are what lead me to become the Counselor I am today.
Helping People is a gift to others, but also myself being a counselor is rewarding. I love guiding people towards positive changes and watching them transform their lives. The most rewarding thing about being a Counselor is knowing that I had a part in helping someone else transform their life.
I am committed to empowering you to navigate life transitions.I have a desire to see people transform into their best selves, meet their goals, and bring supportive and encouraging energy to sessions.
I have a natural ability to:
- Help people feel comfortable
- Uncover what’s under the surface
- Collaborate with people to set goals and help them reach them
- Inspire hope for getting better
People who know me often say that I am a good listener who can help people feel heard and understood which helps people feel seen and start to heal.
Our Sessions Are Focused On You
Sessions will provide you with the space to be understood and heard. In feeling safe and comfortable, you’ll be able to gain clarity and explore your thoughts, feelings, and goals.
It’s important to me to provide a non-judgmental space where you can be yourself and check in on your progress as we go. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach to Counseling. Our sessions will fit your specific needs and concerns.
As A Counselor, I Embrace The Following Philosophies
- I believe that you deserve to feel better
- I believe that change is possible when you allow yourself the space to do the work
- I believe that therapy should address the person as a whole – their mind, body, and spirit
- I believe that people underestimate their ability to change. It’s possible to change. It’s possible to enjoy life again.
- I believe that even if we feel like we’ve lost hope, it’s possible to show up, commit to ourselves, and do what it takes to start feeling better