We are a team of therapists who are dedicated to eliminating the stigma of mental illness. We are committed to creating a safe environment for clients to unpack their burdens, discover their unique strengths so that that are able to live richer, happier lives.
We believe that our role in your health and wellness journey is to provide an unconditionally supportive space for you to grapple with difficult, sometimes painful, aspects of your life. We will use our clinical knowledge and expertise to teach you skills that will empower you to spearhead your journey toward RELEASING, RESTORING, and RENEWING your JOY. We believe that empowerment is the foundation for healing.
We look forward to the opportunity to work alongside you in achieving your goals through the development of individualized services to meet your unique needs.
Meet Our Team
Welcome I feel privileged to lead a team of highly skilled and sought after Mental Health Clinicians. As the Clinical Director, I wear a lot of hats. Most importantly, I take pride in ensuring that every client we serve is treated with respect and dignity.
You may be reaching out for support for a variety of reasons, not limited to:
- You may be experiencing stress (at home, school, work, etc).
- You may have recently experienced a loss (death, job loss, moved to a new state, divorce/separation, etc).
- You might have a child who is having a hard time adjusting to a new school (or grade, or a change in the family) and you're not sure how to support him/her/they.
- You may be having difficulty in your relationship.
- You LOVE your job, but you find yourself feeling burned out and overwhelmed.
- You experienced abuse or a traumatic experience (in the present or past) that is impacting your life
- You are a mental health professional and are experiencing compassion fatigue
There are a variety of life transitions that you may experience that could benefit from the support of a therapist. Congratulations on taking this step.
What can you expect?
You can expect to be accepted, supported and understood without judgment. I strive to create a safe space for all of my clients. I will honor your beliefs and values. I will rely on your expertise (and lived experience) to develop goals that are realistic and aligned with your desired outcome.
Where I've been...
I enjoy working with adolescents, adults and couples. The clients I work with come from a variety of backgrounds and are in various different stages of life.
What many of them have in common is that they've experienced trauma, grief or life transition. Many of the adolescents I work with have witnessed or been a victim of a traumatic event, experience depression, anxiety, and have challenges with self esteem.
I also enjoy working with adults facing a myriad of challenges. Many of the couples I work with would like to improve communication, intimacy and in some cases recover from infidelity.
I have extensive experience working with our nation's most vulnerable youth and families. I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (MD & DC) and Supervisor with over fifteen years of counseling experience working with at-risk adolescents and families of under-served communities living in Boston, Massachusetts, New York City, and the Washington, DC metro area.
I join with clients on their journey to wellness. I am a trauma trained clinician and utilize this approach combined with person-centered practices. I have successfully worked with clients who struggle with problems such as: depression, anxiety, untreated grief and loss, sexual trauma, substance abuse, self-injurious behaviors, and parent-child relational problems.
Are you having any of the following experiences?
- You may find yourself exhausted and feeling unappreciated.
- You have a young child who is struggling to stay on task.
- You find yourself looking at your spouse and wondering when they changed.
- Your teen is changing. Rapidly. They are struggling to keep up with the demands and have begun to slip into insecure, self-harming, or destructive patterns.
- Your family has experienced quite a few changes and you all need support getting adjusted.
You are not alone. Many people experience a variety of life changes that can become overwhelming. Congratulations for seeking support at a such an important time in your life. I will partner with you to discuss the challenges that you are facing, set goals and develop a plan to get you back to living your best life.
I will use my training, as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Maryland Board Approved Supervisor, and over 13 years of experience working with children, adults and families to assist you in achieving life-long change.
I believe in empowering clients to accomplish their health and wellness goals through evidenced-based practices, outreach and positive role modeling. I have counseled a variety of clients including teens, young children, college students, at-risk males and those needing rehabilitative services due to substance abuse.
Career Coach, Therapist (under Supervision with Dr. Robinson)
Specialties: Career Services, Coaching Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, Young Adult, Depression, and Solution-Focused Counseling Services
You find yourself stuck and want to move FORWARD in your life.... I am here to assist.
I work with clients who are interested in creating change in their personal lives, careers and relationships.
You may find yourself:
- Struggling to identify your ideal career
- Feeling dissatisfied in your current job
- Need to revamp your resume, but aren't sure where to start?
- Need assistant preparing for job interviews?
- You are a current college student and are struggling academically
- You are a experiencing depression or anxiety and would like to find more effective coping strategies?
- Do you find yourself in relationships that leave you feeling icky? Devalued? Like Deja vu?
I enjoy working with young and middle age adults who are ready for a CHANGE in their life. Whether that be a new job, career, recovering from a relationship or restoring a current one. I work with clients to uncover their interests, desires and values so that they can create their ideal life. I use a variety of tools and assessments to help clients achieve their goals.
I've worked as Rehabilitation Counselor for the past 5 years and am in the process of re-certifying as a Licensed Professional Counselor under the supervision of Dr. Ajita M. Robinson.